Do you need a Winston Salem Car Accident Lawyer?
It can happen in seconds. None of us expect to be involved in a car accident. When a car accident occurs, we are taken off guard. Even if you drive safely and follow all the rules of the road, some drivers do not and can cause serious injury to you or a loved one. Serious car accidents happen, but at LAWSMITH, The Law Offices of J. Scott Smith, PLLC you don’t have to go it alone.
What to do if you’ve been in an accident in Forsyth County, North Carolina
The aftermath of a serious accident can be devastating. However, there are things that you can do shortly after a car wreck that can better protect you and help insure a better outcome for your case.
- Call 911 immediately after the accident if you or someone else is injured and needs help
- If possible, get away from the vehicle if there is still danger
- Take pictures or video of the accident scene as soon as possible
- Exchange insurance information with others involved in the accident
- If there are any witnesses to the accident, get their names and contact information
- Wait for the police to arrive
- Go see a doctor or visit the Emergency Room if you are injured as soon as possible
What NOT to do if you’ve been in an accident in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Putting your life back together after a car accident can be overwhelming. Not only from a property and transportation perspective, but also trying to heal and ease the pain if you are dealing with a serious injury as a result of the accident.
- DO NOT speak with the other party’s insurance company or sign anything before speaking with an accident lawyer
- DO NOT speak with an insurance adjuster before speaking with an accident lawyer
Categories of Automobile Accidents
With the variety of different automobiles on the roads and highways of North Carolina, many claims can arise. We can represent you in the following cases:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Trucking and Tractor Trailer accidents
- Bus accidents
- Boat accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
Causes of Automobile Accidents
While there are many causes that lead to accidents, some of the most common reasons involve:
- Fatigue, or lack of sleep
- Drug or alcohol impaired driving
- Distracted Driving (usually due to eating or using a cell phone)
Hire Experienced Trial Lawyers for Your Accident Case
Not only does our firm handle automobile accident cases in Winston-Salem, but we also handle other auto related issues like D.W.I., traffic, and family law. Our team is in court almost every day fighting for the rights of our clients. We fight. Our experienced team of attorneys practice in civil and criminal court across the State in District Court, Superior Court, and even the North Carolina Court of Appeals. We look out for our client’s best interests, not just a quick settlement check. In your accident case, we don’t get paid until you do. For a free consultation for your automobile accident case call us at (336) 306-8644 or fill out the contact form on this page and speak to an experienced car accident lawyer today.